In a recent Door County Advocate article, Gift local reporter Ramelle Bintz reminds readers, “Don’t overlook ‘Made in Door County‘ holiday gifts. A gift box from Door County doesn’t necessarily mean cheese and sausage.”
She lists the following Door County businesses that process their own local specialty foods at the certified Farm Market Kitchen in Algoma and says they can be contacted directly for their products:
- Anna’s of Door County, Sister Bay, snacks, candies, bakery 920.854.2481
- Crystal Barnard, Egg Harbor, jams 920.743.7434
- Country View Farms, Sturgeon Bay, maple syrup products 920.743.1637 or 920.743.5857
- Crusty Uprising, Sister Bay/Algoma, Artisan breads 920.421.1913
- Door County Signature Spices LLC, Sturgeon Bay, spice blends 920.743.4285
- Door County Wildwood Market, Sister Bay, jams, bakery, cherry products, pickles 920.421.0995
- Going Granola/Grammy G LLC, Sturgeon Bay, granola 920.743.8892
- Penny Lane Farm LLC, Baileys Harbor, Asian sauces 920.854.9890
- Villagios, Egg Harbor, marinara sauce 920.868.3515
A week ago, Door County Style Magazine editor, Stephen Kastner led off with the first installment of a “Made in Door County” series that celebrates local author and publisher Ralph Murre, in Arem Arvinson Log Celebrates 5th Year of Online Publication, 3rd Book in Print.
Kastner explains, “Ralph Murre is a member of the Wisconsin Fellowship of Poets. His latest book, The Price of Gravity, from Auk Ward Editions, is a fine example of unique things Made in Door County.
You can find three sizes of our new “Made in Door County” badges (left) at our Facebook “Like” page: www.facebook.com/SpendingLocally.